Friday, August 08, 2008

P90X

So, I've been putting off writing about this, even though I kind of feel like a broken record in real life about it. But, I've been doing this at-home workout video (well series of videos really) called P90X recently, and I basically talk about it non-stop. Ask J. He's beyond sick of hearing me talk about it.

I may not have mentioned that I'm an infomercial junky. I watch them a lot. Somehow the magical powers of the devices and programs the "shows" are selling just draws me in (I love how a lot of them pretend to be real shows, btw). But, I don't just watch them, I sometimes purchase them too. Between my brother and me, we probably have close to a dozen things that have at one time or another been on an infomercial (although we usually wait until we see them at a store and buy them there).

It all started in high school when we bought some program for improving your memory. It was cool, and it worked, but we lost interest fairly soon. Later it was the more traditional products. I have the EZ touch razor, which is this little battery-operated razor that is great for trimming sideburns and nose hair, and I still use it regularly. My brother has these little tupperware containers that fit into this handy little spinner, so it keeps them all neat and tidy. They work, but they're kind of small. I've bought some little special pet brush that doesn't work so well, we have a juicer, in college our mom gave us this little device that allows you to microwave eggs. A few Christmases ago we got a food dehydrator as a re-gift from my dad after he and my step-mom got each other the same thing (now that I think about it, maybe this runs in the family), and we have a magic bullet, basically a personal blender, which is really cool.

I'm sure there are more, but you get the idea. Some of the products work, some don't, but basically I'm a sucker for a good marketing campaign, even if a lot of times I just watch. So, the newest one is P90X, which is, like I mentioned, an at-home workout routine. The program is 11 videos that last 90 days. So here I am at day 30 of the program, and I can tell you that so far it's pretty good, and I'm definitely seeing results. Granted, working out for an hour to an hour and a half 6 days a week for 4 weeks and not having a single hamburger (or really any junk food at all save 3 pieces of pizza) is going to do that to you, but so far so good. I can tell a difference, and J seems pretty believable when he tells me he can too (but then again, isn't that what boyfriends are for?).

So, 60 days left. Maybe if I get really ambitious and really impressed with my results I'll post some before and after pictures up here. Until then, you really should look at some of the results people have posted on the message boards. These are just pictures average people have posted to show their progress and success, not the regular marketing stuff, and a lot of them are truly amazing.

Bye for now, I'm off to work out. Ok, just kidding, I already did it today and tomorrow is my off day, which I'll be spending at an all-day pool party. Did I mention I hate working out? It's not going to be the easiest 60 days, but it can't be that bad, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home