Monday, November 21, 2005

I'm Not Jewish, But...

I'm not Jewish, but I found this interesting. It also happened in my city.

From AmericaBlog, a Jewish leader comes to the side of gays vs. some on the religious right. I especailly like this quote:

"We cannot forget that when Hitler came to power in 1933, one of the first things that he did was ban gay organizations," Yoffie said. "Yes, we can disagree about gay marriage. But there is no excuse for hateful rhetoric that fuels the hellfires of anti-gay bigotry."

I'm not as impressed with the Hitler part as I am with the last two sentences. Being against gay marriage is one thing, but using hateful, often untrue rhetoric and studies is quite another, and I wish some of the more virulent anti-gay folks would realize that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home