Monday, November 14, 2005

Fun/Funk

I had a great weekend. Two friends came to town to visit, and we had a great time.

At the same time, though, I've been in a funk the last week or so. Not sure what that is about, but I'm sure it will pass.

I think this whole decision that I have made that I need a best friend here in Houston has gotten me worked up. Like I said, I have best friends in other cities, but I feel like I need someone close to me (apart from my boyfriend) here in Houston. I'm not sure why this has been on my mind lately, but it has. Oh well.

I need to follow my own mantra, "Life is easy if you let it be." Sometimes it is easy to forget, though.

2 Comments:

At 14/11/05 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, B, don't you think "best friend" is a lot of pressure on one person? If you look at it as a circle of friends with varying degrees of closeness then you already have it made. Like a king, too.

Just following your mantra :-)

 
At 15/11/05 6:54 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Hey Shorty.

The boyfriend and I talked about this for a while last night, and I think I have figured out why I have been down. It actually makes me feel better already, at least to know more precisely what is on my mind.

It has to do with the current friend group and how I feel like we are turning more into "going out" friends. I feel like this summer we would call and hang out just to hang out (no plans, just do nothing). But lately we really only get together when we are going out. They are more busy now, but I feel like we have hit this wall, and none of them are really people I feel close enough to turn to at this point.

Plus, 2 of my good friends are leaving town for good in the next 3 weeks, one is now dating his ex again, so we will see less of him, and I feel like the rest of the group will kind of break up more into just going out friends than we are already.

Yes, a best friend is a lot to ask, but I think these reasons are why I have come to this conclusion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home