Monday, November 07, 2005

Time to VOTE!

Tomorrow is the day. If you live in Texas, get out and vote. Of course, I'm asking, urging, begging, pleading you to not only vote, but to vote no on Proposition 2.

Some updates since the mass email I sent out last week (you can see it in another post below). The initial response was smaller than I had anticipated or hoped. After 2 days, I had received just 3 emails back from my friends.

But, lately the response has picked up for some reason. My boyfriend's father emailed me to let me know we had their votes in West Texas. A friend from college that I rarely speak to anymore emailed me to ask if I had written the email myself or if I had taken it from an organization's website. One of my closest friends (who is straight) sent out a similar email of her own, plus a text message blast, and her sister promised me should would vote with me too. A couple of other friends also emailed back assuring that I had their votes too.

The good news is that these guys are all people that support me on this Ammendment, but most of them would not normally be voting in an election this small. So, I'm glad to see them get out and help support a cause.

My fingers are crossed...

2 Comments:

At 7/11/05 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your email and blog have served as good talking points for me and my siblings. They understand how important it is to vote "NO" on Prop 2. Thanks, B!

 
At 8/11/05 9:13 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Thanks for the nice words, Shorty. I'm glad you have been talking to your siblings about this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home