Monday, October 24, 2005

More Texas Papers Against Proposition 2

According to Burnt Orange Report, every major newspaper in Texas has now issued an opinion against Proposition 2. The most recent additions are Galveston, Lufkin, Bryan-College Station, El Paso, and San Antonio. However, I have yet to see anything from my boyfriend's home town of San Angelo. Nonetheless, this is good news. Many of these towns are quite rural, and no paper in Texas has advocated a Yes vote on the issue so far.

Early voting also starts today for the issue. I guess it's time to start calling/emailing all of my friends and family.

4 Comments:

At 24/10/05 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In today's San Angelo Standard-Times, the editor has advocated passing Propositions 1 and 3. No mention of Prop 2. But I am now a registered reader of the S-T, and we'll see what tomorrow's paper holds. Maybe they are just avoiding an opinion altogether. There are plenty of good "Letters to the Editor" on gays, though. It's worth checking out, just to see where I came from.

 
At 24/10/05 11:09 AM, Blogger Otherside said...

Good luck!

 
At 24/10/05 1:58 PM, Blogger Brady said...

Thanks Elizabeth!

Sparky- I also read a couple of great letters to the editor from the San Angelo S-T, including one calling on "Christians" to get off "their collective duffs" and fight the evil "homosexuals" (or something to that effect).

 
At 24/10/05 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, my people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home