Thursday, November 03, 2005

Speechless



I promise I did not make this up. I got this from AmericaBlog who actually got this from Lou Sheldon's Traditional Values Coalition website.

And to think that well-meaning Christians actually listen to this guy and believe what he says.

I'm astounded and sickened all at once. This is nothing more than slander and outright lies. For those out there that are Conservative Christians, I urge you to really look at the honesty (lack of honesty really) of these claims and to call Lou Sheldon out for this blasphemy. I'm serious, and I'm talking to several bloggers and occasional readers of this site. You don't want to be bedfellows with this type of outright deception.

7 Comments:

At 3/11/05 9:20 PM, Blogger Otherside said...

I think i'm going to be sick...:(

 
At 4/11/05 4:32 AM, Blogger zefrog said...

this might be of interest...

 
At 4/11/05 6:39 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Thanks Zefrog. I've not seen this, but I've seen lots of similar studies and explanations.

That is why I am calling Lou Sheldon out for his lies. Surely he has seen this reasoning, which is pretty clear and straightforward. Yet, he continues to pass trash around. I only wish other fair-minded Christians could see the err in the ways of supposed leaders like this.

 
At 4/11/05 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely disgusting, but not surprising. The far right and the traditional sects have been using scare tactics for years. So did the Nazis and the KKKs: they painted those they wanted to eradicate in hues of sick and depravity.

 
At 4/11/05 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is most shocking of all is that this inflammatory BS is actually legal. In Canada, this would rightfully be considered hate crime material. The TVC has pushed the envelope and this has nothing to do with religious freedom it is about bigotry and insatiable lust for power. I do not believe it is religously motivated at all. What utter crap and extremely sickening to boot.

 
At 4/11/05 11:57 PM, Blogger Brady said...

BC, I agree. It is protected speech here, but surely has nothing to do with religion.

 
At 5/11/05 10:15 AM, Blogger grace said...

Brady,
I'm like you...speechless. This is screwed up on so many levels I don't even know where to start to combat it. Except to just continue doing what I can where I am.
love in Him,
grace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home