Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Hi, Welcome!

Hi, Welcome! This is a catch-phrase that a friend of mine has started saying recently in the most ridiculous high pitched voice he can. The phenomenon has now invaded my entire friend group and is spreading like wild fire. Feel free to use it yourself, but be careful, you won't be able to stop.

It's an impression of a co-worker of his at The Gap that apparently says it whenever anyone enters the store. I've yet to experience this, but J and I have demanded that my friend call us next time she is working on a weekend so we can go and hear this one for ourselves.

Here's a quick weekend round-up--The friends and I evacuated New Orleans at around 10am or so Saturday morning. We were there for our annual Labor Day trip four Southern Decadence, but Hurricane Gustav had other ideas. We had a good time on Friday, but my favorite two days (the free concert on Saturday and Sing-Along-Sundays on Sunday) were cancelled, and I have been more or less in a bad mood ever since. We're hopefully going back for Halloween to make up for it. Fingers crossed.

3 Comments:

At 2/9/08 5:46 PM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

"Hi, welcome"? I'm still trying to assimilate "k-bye" ...

 
At 3/9/08 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Welcome! Hi, Welcome! Hi, Welcome! Hi, Welcome! Hi, Welcome! Hi, Welcome! Hi, Welcome! Hi, Welcome! Hi, Welcome!

Hola, Bienvenidos!!

Btw, I've been in a bad mood, too!

 
At 3/9/08 8:43 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Hi welcome! Hi welcome! Bye, Jesus, Bye!

Don't get me in a bad mood about halloween.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home