Thursday, May 25, 2006

Pat Robertson- Miracles Happen

**UPDATE** Pat Robertson's spokesperson has issued a statement claiming Robertson can in fact leg press 2,000 pounds and that Pat's doctor and strength trainer can leg press 2,700 pounds. If this is the case, I'm not sure why the Florida State record is so unbelievably low in comparison. Unfortunately, they did not offer to have a public viewing of the feat.


Ok, this is all over the blogosphere, and I'm a day late on it. I wasn't going to post this tidbit of information, but after thinking about it, it's just TOO weird to pass up.

Apparently Pat Robertson is saying on his website that he can leg press 2,000 pounds. This is 665 pounds more than the Florida State record (and some are saying they world record--I looked but couldn't verify that). For the machine to hold the Florida State record, it had to be modified to hold more weight than it was made to. So weird.

I'm at a loss of what to say at this point. Why would he even make such a claim? Wow.

8 Comments:

At 26/5/06 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even veteran body builders cannot surpass Rev Robertson's record, this ought to make the Guiness Book.

 
At 26/5/06 8:47 AM, Blogger Eugene said...

Eh, at least he's not calling for "Death to [fill in the blank]" for once...

 
At 29/5/06 2:18 PM, Blogger grace said...

Brady,
What you've written here is the only thing I've read about it...but...my question is....why do I care? Course, I'm a girl so I'm not into stuff like that. hehe!
But really...what point is he making with that? In what context did this come up???

grace

 
At 29/5/06 5:56 PM, Blogger Jason Hughes said...

From my recollection, Pat Robertson is always claiming that he or god can do things that are just plain ridiculous....

As grace said, why do we care? Alas, as humans, we like watching fools be foolish. :D

 
At 30/5/06 9:17 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Hey everyone, thanks for commenting.

Grace, I hesitated to post on this because I had the same first reaction. I decided to after a day or so because it was just so absurd sounding to me. After thinking about it, my reaction went from "why would I care" to "why would he say that?" If he did do it, I can't believe he didn't have any type of recording or fanfare. So, I posted it because it was all too weird sounding to me.

The claim was on Robertson's website in an area where he sells energy shakes, so that is why he made the claim, I assume. He never says the shakes allowed him to do it, but it is on that page.

 
At 30/5/06 6:58 PM, Blogger grace said...

Ah hah! I see what you are saying! :)

Brady,
Personally, I'm so sick of all the "crap"...and people being "tools" for organizations that are being funded $$$....just kills me...all of it. Let's just speak what we believe and be honest about what happens....if
God isn't BIG enough...then so be it. Why can't they just let go and let God take control of all that????? (we know why ;)
Amyway....so be it.

 
At 30/5/06 8:28 PM, Blogger Brady said...

Grace- my thoughts exactly ;-)

 
At 31/5/06 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Pat Robertson continues to say offensive/ridiculous things because people will listen. He's more or less (excuse my language) an 'attention whore'.

Heh, he could try to get into the Guinness Book of World Records if he could do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home