Wednesday, March 08, 2006

New Exodus Ex-Gay Blog

Exodus has a new blog. This one will actually be commentary, unlike their current blog, which just posts links to media articles. Randy Thomas will be a contributor there. It should be interesting.

One recent post highlights a USA Today article that talks about Brokeback Mountain, praising the religious right for mostly ignoring the movie. Man, I must have been in a different country, because I'm still hearing commentary from conservative radio hosts, and far right Christians have been all over the movie since it came out. What movie is this article talking about? Surely not Brokeback. End of the Spear, maybe?

2 Comments:

At 9/3/06 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that article a week or so ago when it first came out, and I figured that I must be paying too much attention to the gay-centric news stories. I have heard plenty of complaining from religious quarters. I took particular note of Mike Ensley's statement that, "'Brokeback' promotes the lie that the homosexuality is a valid identity."

Those are very dangerous words for those who catch such sentiments in the form of a fist or a bullet.

Sigh...I am always tempted to make some rebuttal, but I figure I'll be "moderated" out and it's better to keep my peace. I do take some comfort in the fact that I share my invalid identity with so many wonderful people in this dark world.

 
At 10/3/06 6:52 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Thanks for posting Dash. I agree about Mike's comment. I also like your final sentence. What a good way to look at it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home