Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Mardi Gras

I just got back from Mardis Gras in New Orleans. This was my 6th Mardi Gras, and I had a great time. I love New Orleans and have probably been there 15-20 times over the last few years, so I was itching to get back. In my opinion, it really is one of the best cities on earth.

My adventures included eating at two of the best places on earth, Verti Marte and Gumbo Shop (these are not fancy by any stretch of the imagination, just good), getting pelted in the face with beads at a parade, having our hotel reservations cancelled upon arrival, and talking for nearly an hour at 4am with two very nice Southern Baptist ministers from Hawaii.

Now that is a good weekend. I may post more later. For now it's back to work!

*Update:* Randy has a great link to Wizbang about why Mardi Gras will never be cancelled. Definitely worth the read. If the Civil War didn't stop it, I don't think anything will.

Also, I forgot to mention how excited people were to have us in the city. Locals thanked us for coming, told us to have fun, and I even had two people tell me how wonderful my hometown of Houston had been to them while they were displaced. That's why I love New Orleans and Mardi Gras...it just puts you in a good mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home