Thursday, September 01, 2005

Katrina Post

I haven't posted on Katrina yet at all. It really is amazingly sad, and I'm having trouble even imagining what these people are having to go through or how long it is going to take the city to recover. I'm can barely even watch the news because of how sad it is.

Unfortunately, some people are trying to publicize their own agendas in the aftermath of all of this. I am familiar with this particular gay party in New Orleans, and I knew some sort of absurdity like this would come out. I just can't believe someone would be that much of an opportunist, honestly. The post I found out about this from and the comments later over at Ex-Gay Watch are definitely worth a read also.

Gas is up to about 3 bucks a gallon here in my city now, and I have heard it is over $4 and $5 a gallon in other major cities. When I entered college in 1997, gas was 79 cents a gallon around the block from school. Unbelievable. I know a lot of this has to do with the impaired capacities of the pipelines as a result of the storm, but the gas prices of $2.50 are already absurd. I'm not one to doubt the President--any President, but if this isn't a crisis worthy of releasing at least some of our oil reserves, I'm not sure what is.

My prayers are with everyone affected by Katrina, I hope y'all's are too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home