If This is a Christian Message, We're All in Trouble!Taken from the American Family Association website www.afa.net
"A federal judge has told an Ohio school district it can no longer bar a middle school student from wearing a t-shirt with a Christian message.
Judge George Smith has ruled that Sheridan Middle School in Thornville violated the constitutional rights of student James Nixon by prohibiting him from wearing a t-shirt bearing a quote from the Bible verse John 14:6. The front of the shirt reads: 'Jesus said, 'I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.' The back of the shirt contains the statements: 'Homosexuality is sin. Islam is a lie. Abortion is murder.'"
Could this be any more digusting? It is one thing to wear a shirt with a message like the one on the front of this student's shirt. I don't have a problem with someone expressing their religious beliefs. But the back of this t-shirt is just downright crude, offensive and bigoted. I know we don't have a Constitutional right not to be offended, but COME ON!
I really hope some kids at this junior high school start wearing shirts with the following messages:
* "Christians" Are Bigots.
* "Christians" Are Rednecks.
* Homosexuals Don't Kill People In The Name Of God.
* Hitler Was A Christian Too.
* Christianity: Convert Or We'll Kill You.
* Abortion Means Fewer "Christians".
* Rick Santorum Brought A Dead Fetus Home From The Hospital So That His Kids Could Touch It And Name It; And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt!
* "Christians" Have Hi-Jacked Christianity!
* The Virgin Mary Is A Hottie!
* That Robe! That Beard! Sweetie, Jesus Needs To Be Queer-Eyed!
Why doesn't a story like the one at the American Family Association infuriate true Christians - people that can practice their religion and still show respect and love for other people. It is just so unfortunate that a small, small minority of zealots have decided to be the face of Christianity in America. Heck, when a Conservative like Judge Roberts warns Ronald Reagan about getting involved with Evangelical Christians, you know something is up.