Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Texas Gay Foster Ban Gets the Axe

I know this is going to get some of the super conservatives mad, but it seems that the clearer heads prevailed in the Texas State Senate. Yes, gays will still be able to be foster parents. Thousands of kids will be able to go to stable homes rather than staying in group homes or jumping from house to house.

I know some people think not having a family at all is better than having a gay family, but I beg to differ.

I'm glad this is gone, as you can imagine. Even more glad that Rep. Talton's absurd addition to a bill that was only meant to reform CPS's inadequacies got stripped. Talton tried before to keep gays from being foster parents with a stand alone bill. It lost then too. 0-2, sir. Here is the story from my hometown paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home