Thursday, May 05, 2005

Rosie O'Donnell, meet Stephen Bennett

There is an ex-gay evangelist by the name of Stephen Bennett. Stephen has a blog (a very popular blog from what I have seen), and he also likes to post on other people's blogs.

Recently he posted on the blog of none other than Rosie O'Donnell and then dedicated a blog post of his own to good 'ole Rosie. In all honesty, for the most part Stephen was kind and open to Rosie. He said he respected her, thought she was good person, and wanted to meet her. For that matter, Stephen is pretty kind in most of his blog. While he obviously believes being gay is a sin, he does a good job of shying away from the "end of the world" mentality that has been pervading the debate recently.

So, Rosie replied to Stephen's post about her. Man, the blogosphere sure is cool. It made me feel like I had had real contact with a celebrity, lol. For some reason Rosie writes on her blog and in her comments on others in some sort of poetic type of format. She swears it is just how she writes, but it is downright annoying.


Rosie said she wished Stephen well, but she eluded to the fact that she doesn't believe he changed and declined his invitation to meet. Stephen did tell her her heart was "stoney," so I can't say I blame her for that one. Plus, I'd be weary of his motivations--is he just looking for some extra publicity?

Stephen came down on Rosie's response fairly harshly. He said she was wrong in some of her comments (one poster rightly pointed out that Stephen had misread her post--she is writing in that jacked up poetry, so I can't say I blame him, though). But, he did come down pretty harshly on her, which left me wondering even more what his real intentions were. Was he just trying to look like the nicer person in all of this? Maybe he just really thought she was being mean, but I definitely didn't

Anyway, there's my brush with fame for the day. Maybe this will be an ongoing saga between Rosie and Stephen. That'd be pretty fun to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home