Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Emotional

I've been so emotional lately, and I don't know why. Yesterday I was at a student poetry reading for the non-profit J works for, and I had a huge lump in my throat nearly the whole time (the poetry was great, by they way). Last weekend I went with J to his sister's graduation, and I felt way sadder than I should have (maybe it was nostalgia?). The weekend before that I was at a friends wedding, and I nearly teared up. I never tear up at weddings.

I don't know what the deal is. I'm usually not the emotional type, and I'm not depressed or sad about anything in life, so I don't think that's it. Maybe as I get older I'm just getting more emotional (apparently I'm developing allergies too, which is no fun at all). Maybe it's just a phase.

I guess it's better than the alternative. As a kid, I bottled up my emotions very tightly, which I blame on my attempt to stay in the closet and deny my gay attractions. I didn't cry, even one tear, from the age of 14 to the age of 20. Surely that isn't healthy, so maybe I'm just making up for lost times. Who knows.

1 Comments:

At 14/5/08 10:03 AM, Blogger me said...

Thank you Brady for commenting. I think it will be good for me to get my thoughts out. I enjoy reading your blog...

I know what you mean about bottleing up your emotions. I have done a lot of that over the years. Isn't any fun...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home