Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Going to New Orleans

Edit: April Fools, guys ;-)

If you haven't noticed, New Orleans is J's and my (how do you say that with correct grammar?) favorite city. We probably visit 3 or 4 times a year, and we're already making our 3rd visit in 2008 this year.

A friend of mine at work is going with some friends for her fiance's 30th birthday, and J and I decided to tag along. It's been a while since we've been to the city when it wasn't a holiday weekend, so we jumped at the opportunity.

We haven't really mentioned this to any of our friends or family yet, but we have an alternate motive behind going to NOLA this time too. We've been talking about how much we'd love to live in New Orleans for a while, so this time we're going to take advantage of the long weekend to look at some properties we might be able to buy. We've got a Realtor lined up and everything, and we'll be spending Saturday visiting a few open houses and looking at some places that are on the market. Hopefully it works out.

A large hotel chain called me back after I submitted my resume a few weeks ago, and they offered to fly me down for an interview next week too, so the only thing that's been holding us back so far (lack of employment opportunities) may be taken care of as well. So, fingers crossed. I'm so excited, and I'll keep you guys updated. I hope I don't become an alcoholic or something once we move. Yikes!

3 Comments:

At 1/4/08 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't ever talk to me again :(

 
At 2/4/08 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, yesterday was the first, wasn't it?

-- Jarred.

 
At 4/4/08 3:22 PM, Blogger ArmoredCity said...

whoa, living in N.O. That would be cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home