Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What to Do

I've been sick this week and as a result have missed boot camp for the last few days. Which means I feel like a slacker and out of shape. I'm planning to go tomorrow and Friday, and then I'm playing in a basketball tournament this weekend, so hopefully that will help me not feel so lazy. I am sick, though, so maybe I should just cut myself some slack.

Whenever I start feeling lazy or unproductive I start thinking about things that I've kind of always wanted to do but haven't really ever done. I'm really not artistically or musically inclined at all. Basically my creativity is pretty nonexistent. I always admire people I know (both in real life and online) that are artistic or creative in some way. People that are good at art or design, people that can play music or write songs. Sometimes I wish I had that kind of talent, but every time I try I usually get frustrated with my lack of talent and give up.

I'm decent at sports (even if I need to start playing more), but for some reason something artistic seems more valuable to me. Maybe it's a "grass is greener" thing. Maybe if I got back into playing sports regularly I'd feel more content. Maybe I should just be more disciplined with my free time and force myself to actually get out and do something. Who knows.

So, for those of you that are reading, any ideas?

1 Comments:

At 26/3/08 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to think it's a case of the grass being greener on the other side. After all, even though I'm a pretty decent writer, I find myself envious of many of my friends who can draw, paint, or sculpt. (And now I'm starter to envy my new friends who are terrific dancers.)

As an aside, I've also noticed that discovering a guy's artistic side can increase how strongly I'm attracted to him. To the point where I found myself attracted to someone I never had any interest in until I saw him making a charcoal drawing.

-- Jarred.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home