Monday, December 03, 2007

Pete Wentz Wishes He Was Gay

Pete Wentz, the bassist for the pop-punk band Fallout Boy, told NPR recently that he wishes he was gay. I actually like the band, but I've had some issues with Pete doing almost anything for publicity.

Although, I will admit that he seems to be pretty pro-gay. This quote aside, he wrote a song on his band's most recent album called, "Gay is not a Synonym for Sh****y" and at a concert a while back, he made a speech to fans about the same topic (here's my blog post on that situation). So, kudos for that, especially from a person that could easily not get involved with the issue at all.

Here's the quote:
I would never come out and say I’m gay, because I’m not gay. There’s part of me that kind of wishes I was gay, and I think that comes from anybody constantly
wishing they were in the minority and constantly wants to be fighting everybody
off.

It's an interesting thought, and one that seems to argue against the idea that being gay is a choice. Pete actually wants to be gay, but he just can't make himself become attracted to guys...

1 Comments:

At 4/12/07 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, my brain is having a bit of trouble imagining someone wanting to be gay.

I agree that Wentz seems like a decent sort of fellow, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home