Monday, October 01, 2007

It's a Small Blogging World

Life is slowly getting back to normal around here. Actually, I'd say I'm getting back to normal more than life is. My days are about the same as before my stepbrother died, but life in general has been considerably more hectic, more frenzied. I don't know if it's just coincidence or if my life is in more of an upheaval than I'm willing to admit, but I'm constantly swamped and have been for the last 3 weeks. I have such good intentions of getting my head above water, but so far it's been quite a challenge.

All that's just an update. Trust me, guys--I'm doing better, and doing well, all things considered. This post, though, has nothing to do with any of that.

I was over at Grace's blog today reading her posts on being gay and divorce and Christianity (and Grace, you beat me to the punch, I was gearing up to write similar ones), and I came across a comment from Rob, someone I hadn't seen before among her commenters. So naturally, I went to his blog to see what he was all about, and that's where the small world came in.

As a side note--you should check out Rob's blog. He's an interesting guy, and aside from that his photography is great.

So, on his blog, Rob has two links that sounded familiar to me. One was for Aaron. His blog (which hasn't been updated for a few months, and I must admit I haven't been to in probably a year) is one of the first blogs I started reading several years ago, even before I had my own blog. The second is for Steven. Steven's blog doesn't exist at that site anymore, but he used to update frequently and later had a photoblog that I couldn't get enough of. Steven's commented here several times and I actually have him as a friend on myspace, though we haven't chatted in quite a while.

Let me point out that neither Steven nor Aaron are part of the little ex-gay circle that I've found myself a part of for a number of years, which makes the connection that much more coincidental.

Who knew this blog thing could be such a small world? Neither Steven nor Aaron had/have blogs with huge readerships, yet somehow I've managed to run across another one of their regular readers. I'll add Rob to my regular reading list and complete the circle. It's the least I can do.

4 Comments:

At 1/10/07 12:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aww... Rob's a sweetheart, but you leave him alone. He's mine! :-p And Aaron's site is on pause, but if you read back a bit you'd see how incredibly complicated things get sometimes. Such is life, you just have to roll with it. E-mail me sometime, I will always respond.

 
At 2/10/07 3:36 PM, Blogger Brady said...

Hey Steven. I didn't realize you were still around these parts. Good to hear from you. Don't worry, I'll let you have Rob ;-)

Just read back on Aaron's blog. Wow. That's all I can say.

I'll shoot you an email sometime, and I know you're good for a response--we share the same pet peeve.

 
At 3/10/07 11:54 AM, Blogger Robert W. White said...

Hey now, I belong to no one! ... and everyone. Glad to know the circle is now complete, and it certainly is a small blogosphere after all.

 
At 25/10/07 6:08 AM, Blogger Scholiast said...

... and I just came here from Rob's blog, and see you're linking to C (rising-up) who's an "old" blog friend of mine ... we're all really just a big happy family :) ok, at least we all try to be happy..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home