Thursday, August 10, 2006

I'm Hitched and I'm Back

Thank you so much everyone for your congratulations comments. It means so very much to me!

Sorry for the delay in getting back. As you can imagine, I have been swamped after having a week and a half off of work and away from reality.

So, I'm back. I don't have much time to write now, so I'll give the full update on everything soon. But a coworker that came to our ceremony (I only invited 3) told me today at lunch that she was so moved she was inspired to write her feelings down. I convinced her to send them to me and let me share them here. It's an interesting take on the evening and does a great job at expressing the emotions of the night.

Here goes. The first part is about me then on to my partner:

"Coins. That is all I heard. He was so nervous that his left hand was in his pocket, rattling the change there. Then, he spoke, "7 years ago..." and the next few minutes became timeless. I had never so much as seen him flinch, and now, as his voice shook, I knew he felt this as the single most important moment of his life. I was so moved, uncontrollable tears found their way down my cheeks, as he spoke his words of love.

And then came J. "The best thing about being with you is that you know everything about me, and you're still here." Words I'm certain I will quote many more times in my life. Although words spoken from a youthful soul, words, nonetheless, that carry such strength and love. Words to be admired; a man to be admired.

Their bravery, brought about through the power of mere love, astounds me.

I was so proud, and grateful, to be a part of such new wonder, that your love and your 'open' ceremony has touched me deeply and has forever altered my life."

4 Comments:

At 10/8/06 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and you're still here.

It doesn't matter what precedes this, it is the essence of the the best that we ever receive from another and the best we ever get to give.

Congrats to both of you.

 
At 11/8/06 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Just wow. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story with us.

I am happy for both of you. Best wishes!

 
At 13/8/06 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy what you have so much. I'm glad everything turned out as well as it did and that you left such an impact on your friend there. Really though, this whole thing means a lot to me as well. Thanks for doing what you two are doing.

 
At 14/8/06 9:59 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Thanks guys for the congratulations.

Steven- you are welcome. I'm hoping to put pictures up soon too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home