Thursday, July 06, 2006

Secrets

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but anytime I have to tell someone some big news that I've been keeping secret, or anytime someone tells me the same, It eerily reminds me of my coming out, to the point of making me a little uncomfortable.

On Wednesday one of our closest friends told us he was not going to be able to come to our wedding. He's big into theater and he took a part in a decent sized production of Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat, mistakingly thinking that it was opening the week after our wedding.

I didn't even know what to say. I wanted to say it was ok and that it wasn't a big deal, but it was a big deal, and he knew it. It's sad, but we'll live. He'll be meeting us at the post-wedding reception at our house but no wedding.

Anyway, the whole time all I could think about was how it felt like he was coming out to us. So weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home