Monday, July 03, 2006

My Family Knows

I'm on a short vacation on the lake through the 4th, hence the lack of posting. But, I thought I'd write in to say that my dad's side of the family now knows both that I am gay and that I am having a commitment ceremony with my boyfriend. I'll go into the details when I have some more time, but one of my younger cousins said he'll definitely be there, and my grandmother told my dad that she had suspected for a while and from what she understands, people are born that way.

We'll see how things go from here. Fingers crossed.

5 Comments:

At 3/7/06 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like good stuff, Brady... Is there a bit of relief, at least, that you don't have to question how/when to let them know?

Take care...

 
At 3/7/06 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

about fuckin time...

 
At 6/7/06 9:14 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Thanks, Steve--I haven't heard from anyone yet, but at the very least, you're right, it's off my chest.

Anon- Do you kiss your mom with that mouth?

 
At 7/7/06 9:15 PM, Blogger grace said...

Good news Brady! I'm so happy for you that it seems there's not going to be any "fallout" that could spoil your ceremony or celebration thereof. You can email me at the willfulgrace@yahoo.com address and then I'll be glad to share my other address with you...the one I use regularly.
love,
grace

 
At 11/7/06 8:48 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Thanks, Grace! I'm going to post again soon about how everything is going. I'll email you soon too. Hope you had a great trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home