Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Wedding Shower to the Rescue

So, not to deflect from all of the fun going on with the anti-marriage amendment, but I thought I'd write a post updating on my own wedding/ceremony/celebration. My boyfriend and I are having our wedding shower this weekend. We're spending this week getting the house presentable for several out-of-town guests.

Unfortunately several people won't be making it to the party. Only two people (my dad and step-mother) won't be coming because they think it's wrong, though, so that's good. It's easy to get down about that type of stuff, but this is supposed to be a happy time, so I'm concentrating on the good stuff..

So, that's the update. I'll let you guys know how things go early next week. Then just lest than 2 months until the big date. Wow. Oh, and if anyone has any ideas about a less traditional wedding/reception for us, I'm all ears.

Before I go, hopefully in the next few days I'll comment on the marriage amendment craziness and how my getting married isn't going to cause anyone to get divorced. That and why I believe the common reasons to be against gay marriage are rooted in the "ick factor" of gays more than they are in true fear of a crumbling society.

While I'm thinking about it--Jim Burroway- if you're reading, picking apart those "studies" about alleged failing marriages rates in Europe since gay marriages and civil unions came about would be a great and worthwhile project for BoxTurtleBulletin ;-) I love that kind of stuff...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home