Wednesday, May 03, 2006

We're Registered

My boyfriend and I are now registered for the wedding! I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive about registering because I worried what people would say. But, the registering went off without a hitch (except that I am as bad about picking out free stuff as I am about shopping with my own money--I'm cheap!).

We didn't even have to put one of our names as the bride, so that saved us some grief from friends trying to make jokes. Target let us both sign up as grooms, and the other two did not differentiate between bride and groom on the registry (although Bed Bath & Beyond does call it a "Bridal Registry").

Next up, telling my extended family that I'm gay. I'm not looking forward to it, but it needs to be done.

3 Comments:

At 3/5/06 3:30 PM, Blogger grace said...

Great news Brady! I know you must have had such fun picking out things! I'm glad you were able to do that. I'm thinking of writing a post about your engagement/registry/marriage. Would you be okay with this? I think it's important for a (conservative...although some would say I'm not) Christian voice to be heard concerning this issue. I'm going to start working on it...but I won't post it or link to your blog until I hear from you that it's okay. If you'd like to read it first...I'm fine with that. :)
grace

 
At 3/5/06 3:55 PM, Blogger Brady said...

Thanks Grace. It was fun, but not nearly as easy as I thought it would be. I assumed we'd just be running around the store signing up for everything, but after an hour at one place we only had 12 items!

As for the post, I'd be honored to have you write one about it :-)

And, no need to let me read it first, it's your post, after all...

 
At 3/5/06 3:58 PM, Blogger grace said...

okee dokee...just finished it...
let me know what you think about it! :)
love,
grace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home