Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Baylor, Oh Baylor

This story is slightly old, but I saw an article at the Advocate Online about it, so I wanted to write something.

Basically, a gay alumn of Baylor University (the nation's largets Baptist University) had been giving his time and money to Baylor over the years but was recently asked to leave his advisory board position because he was gay. You know what, Baylor is a private school, and they can do whatever they want. Fine.

But, until they start kicking out every divorced and remarried alumn, every smoker, every heavy drinker, every person that is not married to another devout Baptist, I'm going to call them out on it. This is a case of "I hate the gays" nothing more.

2 Comments:

At 30/11/05 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They'll start regretting it all as soon as they see their funding drops. Oh ho hum.

 
At 30/11/05 6:30 PM, Blogger Brady said...

That would be nice, and I hope principled people there will actually do it, but I'm not holding my breath...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home