Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Blogging

Blogging has gotten slow lately. It's mainly the same excuses--too busy at work to write or keep up with the world as much as I'd like to (or used to), no interest in getting on the computer at home after looking at it all day at work, etc. etc.

I'm really not sure what's going on. I got a little nostalgic at work (since it's currently a bit slow) and read through some of my old posts. I really like some of them. I was happy reading them and remembering how much I enjoyed digging into the stories, finding the truth where reality was just barely visible and watching people respond back. I'm proud of myself for writing them, and I enjoyed reading them years later.

But, it's a catch-22 of sorts. I tried to watch Fox News the other day, which I used to watch all the time to find something new to write about, but I couldn't handle it and changed the channel. My radio listening habits have gone from Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Michael Savage to Jim Rome, a local sports station, and some hour-long health show during lunch. I just can't take the old ones anymore. I used to love to get myself all riled up, but now it just frustrates me, and I don't have the patience for it. I used to love catching those guys in their lies and half-truths and then tearing their stories apart, but now all I want to do is strangle them.

Don't get me wrong--I still enjoy gay and ex-gay issues. I still like the idea of being a pseudo online activist (of the most minimal variety, but still one nonetheless), but I don't really think I have a passion for it anymore. Maybe I've said all I've had to say. Maybe I'm just over all of it, or maybe this is just a rut.

So, I'm not going anywhere...at least not now. Hopefully I'll find that passion again and things will stir back up. For now, things will probably continue as they have been--fewer posts, less depth, and more blogging about what's on the top of my head. We'll see.

1 Comments:

At 7/1/10 1:20 PM, Blogger Dannybrou said...

remember when I met you at JR's and Jack said "thain has a blog about ex-gay stuff".

I was hooked every since. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home