Monday, January 04, 2010

Congratulations Annise Parker!

Annise Parker was sworn in as Houston mayor this morning and was welcomed by a packed house and had the Pastor of the largest church in the country, Joel Osteen, give the opening prayer.

Since Parker is now the first openly gay mayor of a city the size of Houston, it's no surprise that there were a few anti-gay protesters at the event. It never ceases to amaze me how almost any "sin" can be excused by these types of protesters except being gay. What a sad world they must live in.

Tonight there will be a free public concert downtown to celebrate the day. It's possible that I may go if some previous personal engagements don't come through. If I do, I'll definitely be on the lookout for the protesters. I probably won't do more than look, though, I can tell you that from many previous conversations with them, it's more frustrating than enlightening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home