Friday, November 20, 2009

Gays Are a Bunch of Prissy Queens

"If Annise Parker wins, she is obviously going to hire her own people, and I for one don't want a bunch of prissy gay guys running around city hall."

I live in Houston, and the current mayoral race includes a lesbian as one of the two candidates left, and she might win. It's really exciting, and as you can guess, the local conservative talk show hosts are all over the case.

I was listening to one of the shows on the way home, and in his defense, the host didn't opine one way or the other on his thoughts--he just wanted the callers to give their opinions on whether or not it mattered that Annise Parker is a lesbian.

The calls were about 8 in 10 would not vote for a lesbian. It was a conservative show, so that's fine, I expected it. But don't you worry, all of the callers "loved gay people" and "didn't discriminate," they just didn't want to show young people that it was ok to be gay. Or something to that effect. It just makes you feel all warm inside.

And then one of the "I don't discriminate" callers came up with the quote above. Stay classy, anti-gay conservatives, stay classy.

4 Comments:

At 20/11/09 11:32 AM, Anonymous Jarred said...

It makes one wonder how they keep their head from exploding due to the cognitive dissonance they should be experiencing from their statements. But then, I doubt they experience cognitive dissonance at all, which is a wonder in itself, to my mind.

 
At 20/11/09 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 
At 23/11/09 9:32 AM, Blogger Queers United said...

I can't stand the saying "I love gays but..." it's not politically correct to be homophobic but that's what these people are.

 
At 27/11/09 9:51 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I love the imagine of "prissy gay guys" running. There is so much to do, and so many calories to work off! I, for one, saunter whenever I priss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home