Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I'm Not That Old...Yet

Turning 30 still hasn't sunk in yet, I don't think. Really, I'm pretty sure I'm saying that because no one has actually asked me how old I am since my birthday. Once I have to start telling people how that I'm 30 it might actually sink in.

But, remember a while back when I said that I still felt like I was closer in age to someone in college (or right out of college) than a 30 year old? That still holds true. I just have trouble admitting that I'm a full fledged adult, in spite of all the signs pointing that direction (a house, a husband, 2 cars, a dog, a career, savings, a 401K, etc. etc.).

Mayble I'll hold off freaking out until someone tells me I "look good for my age." Maybe I'll get lucky and won't freak out at all. I mean, I've always thought turning any age througout my life sounded too old for me, basically since college, and I've made it this far without any big life crisis, so I can probably make it a bit further until I have to start having doctors and medicine uphold my appearance (on that note, I guess I'm lucky that I've never had that baby-faced look since I don't have to worry about losing that).

Sorry for the mindless ramblings...turning 30 will do that. I would like to say, though, that when I got on the elevator this morning, an older man called me chief, so maybe I'm not that old afterall. Oh, and I got carded in Vegas. There's still hope (or perhaps they were both being nice).

4 Comments:

At 3/6/09 10:17 AM, Blogger Michael Dodd said...

Nope, it happens when the young guy coming out of the building calls you "Sir" and holds the door for you.

Sigh!

 
At 4/6/09 1:07 AM, Blogger That Guy said...

Getting carded? congratz :P
Also to comment on older post: I read the BTB article too. Great stuff.

-E

 
At 10/6/09 10:59 PM, Anonymous Matty V said...

You do look good for your age. ;)

I always get carded. Can you believe that!? I'm almost 23. Yay!!! lol

Miss y'all.

 
At 14/6/09 4:52 AM, Blogger Bruce Garrett said...

(smile) Just wait 'til the AARP cards start showing up in the mail...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home