Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I'm Back

I sure have been neglecting this poor little blog recently. The truth is that work has been occupying nearly all of my time recently (I'm getting home close to 8pm every night), so other things have been falling to the wayside.

It's not really that I haven't had time to write in the blog--it's more that I haven't had time to find stuff to write about. The more I write here on the blog, the more involved I have been in politics and current events. Hopefully soon my work schedule will allow me to get back to following that stuff more closely and writing more about it.

On two quick side notes--I am going to be doing an interview with my cousin's best friend this weekend about being gay. She is getting her Master's in social work and was asked to study a community or group she is unfamiliar with. I'm interested to know how that will go, and I'm sure I'll fill you guys in.

Second, we are back from the cruise (as you can probably tell). All went very well. Most of my cousins were cordial and even downright friendly with J, and other than the initial introductions, there was hardly an awkward moment (ok, other than the family picture and deciding if J was going to be in it or not--he was asked to be in it, which was awesome). A couple of my uncles and one aunt really didn't have much to say to the two of us, and I suspect the gay thing was at least partially to blame, but with 30 people, we had plenty of company to enjoy, so it wasn't even a bother. Who would've thought that I could come so far in 3 years?

3 Comments:

At 16/11/06 4:33 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Glad you had a good time. We all need our breaks from blogging every now and then ;-)

 
At 16/11/06 6:18 PM, Blogger grace said...

Brady,
I'm so happy to hear it went well...and the family picture thing is GREAT! Good for you guys!

love,
pam

 
At 17/11/06 2:53 PM, Blogger Brady said...

Thanks Jay and Grace. It's good to be back.

Grace- yeah, the picture thing really made me happy because I was planning for the worst...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home