Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Post Event Depression

I went to New Orleans for Labor Day this past weekend, and I had so much fun. I love New Orleans and have probably been there 15 times in the last 6 or so years. I was glad to see that the tourist parts of the city have pretty much rebounded. I'm sure there is a lot of work to do to get the city completely back, but they are definitely making strides.

Anytime I go to New Orleans I have an amazing time. Granted, it's easy to have fun when you are basically on vacation for 3 days straight, but one day I think I am going to have to move there. In fact, now that I think about it, I should have gone to school there to get it out of my system.

So, now I'm sitting here at work, back to the real world having post event depression. This happens to me pretty much everytime I go away somewhere and have too much fun. It'll pass I'm sure--it always does. Maybe I shouldn't let myself have fun anymore so I don't have to deal with the downer week after I get back.

4 Comments:

At 5/9/06 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you need a drink...

 
At 14/7/08 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just had a fab weekend myself, and googled post event depression and found your blog. hopefully you recovered ... I am hoping mine goes away after sleep.

 
At 6/8/09 5:15 PM, Blogger BethGee said...

Why isn't there more about post-event depression! I have it after trips, concerts and I totally hear you when you say you think about not having the fun as to avoid the repercussions. But what fun is that? Let me know if you discover a better solution.

 
At 26/2/12 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I feel the same right now and just randomly googled "post event depression". good to know i'm not the only one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home