Thursday, October 01, 2009

It's GLBT History Month

Welcome to October. Beginning of fall and cool weather, the birthdays of both my dad and my younger brother, home of Halloween, and most of all, GLBT History Month.

I bet most of you didn't know it was GLBT history month (I barely did), but it is. And, to keep you more informed, there's a whole website about it. The site is going to honor one new gay icon per day for the entire month. The list includes famous gays from past and present. To be honest, I only recognize about half of the list, so I'll have to take a closer look at the site to see who the others are.

That's that, I guess. Maybe we can debate how worthy some of those on the list are. Or, we can just be thankful that we have gay people to look up to in the first place. Gay people that even the most ardently anti-gay could be proud of in some cases. Your call.

Oh, and hopefully I'll be back with an update before this, but in case I'm not--don't forget about National Coming Out Day on October 11th. I've only participated once, and it was on a minor scale. I'm completely out now, so I'm not sure what I'll do. I feel like I should do something, though. Any ideas?

1 Comments:

At 1/10/09 7:51 PM, Blogger Pomoprophet said...

who knew?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home