Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Supreme Court Justices Can't Be Gay

Remember when I decided that I was no longer going to even argue the idea that being gay somehow was an issue of morality? Well, I guess my friends over at Focus on the Family didn't get the message.

Somehow Focus on the Family's lawyer went off script and said that the organization would not exclude a potential Supreme Court Justice nomination simply because he or she was gay. It was such a pleasant step in the right direction...until they decided the wrong direction was a much better place to go. So as not to confuse anyone, the've now come out to say that being gay is a core issue of morality, and they'll be opposing gay candidates.

Maybe you guys can look this one up for me, but remind me of their views on President Reagan. I wonder what their views of Dobson's divorced son are. I know, I know, they aren't anti-gay...it's just an easier way for them to judge morality, or something.

Good thing I stopped letting Focus on the Family and other like-minded folks dictate what morality meant. It still amazes me that people fall for this stuff.

5 Comments:

At 10/11/10 8:39 PM, Anonymous Dissertation help said...

Wow Impressive! Your blog is very informative. However, it is pretty hard task but your post and experience serve and teach me how to handle and make it more simple and manageable.Thanks for the tips… Best regards.

 
At 5/2/11 7:59 PM, Anonymous Download missing DLL files and drivers said...

Well, I am so excited that I have found this in your post because I have been searching for some information about it almost three hours.

 
At 25/11/11 10:27 PM, Anonymous argumentative essay writing said...

until they decided the wrong direction was a much better place to go,

 
At 23/2/12 12:51 AM, Anonymous call capture said...

Thanks for the post and specially all of the information that you share, great work.

call capture

 
At 2/9/12 1:59 PM, Anonymous uk dissertation help said...

hahaahah so what r u expecting from supreme court? and do u have any other name of supreme court rather than "GAY"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home