Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Pros of Being Gay (Take 4)

Hi Welcome!

Work work work work work. But, you don't care about any of that. Great news, my bedroom has now been repaired, and J and I have started the move out of the guest room and back to our room, and more importantly, our bathroom. How exciting is that?!? (It's exciting for us, trust me).

Anyway, without any promises of more frequent blog posting, I come with another installment of "The Pros of Being Gay."

This one came to me while out celebrating St. Patrick's Day at a local gay watering hole. Some friends and I were sitting in a booth, enjoying ourselves, when all of the sudden someone gets pushed off of a stool and then another guy jumps on top of him and punches him several times (not in the face, thankfully). The guy doing the punching stopped after a couple of blows and then ran out the door.

After it was all over, I was kind of stunned (and I realized that while it was happening I started yelling at them like they were my 2 dogs in a fight, why brought some lulz later on). Anyway, the reason for the stunned response was that in the 7 years or so that I've been going to gay bars/clubs, this is the first time I've ever seen a fight involving gay guys. I've seen my fair share of fights in straight bars, sporting events, etc., and I've even seen a couple of lesbian fights, but up until that night, I had never seen a fight involving two gay guys.


So, to sum it up--The Pros of Being Gay (Take 4) is: Not having to deal with fights at bars (or at least not as many).

4 Comments:

At 1/4/09 10:13 AM, Anonymous Matty V said...

What are you talking about? I get into fights all the time at gay bars. Well usually they are just shoving matches. Remember the time I pushed some guy off the boxes because he was getting in the way of my dancing so I kept elbowing him and then he got mad at me and grabbed my arm so I pushed him off?

Any I got into a fight here at a bar in SF. This one guy was being a bitch so I shoved him with my elbow as he pushed past me and then he punched me in the side of the head. And then we started to get into a fight but were pulled apart.

P.S. Did you replace the sink in your bathroom? I think I peed in it once at St. Patrick's Day Party 2008 when the toilet was occupied, but I don't really remember.

Love,
Matty V

 
At 1/4/09 10:41 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Are those really fights, or was it just foreplay?

 
At 1/4/09 5:21 PM, Anonymous Matty V said...

Well... you know I like it rough...

 
At 23/4/09 8:41 PM, Blogger ArmoredCity said...

There is a really interesting book called "The Soul Beneath The Skin" that examines ways that gay men are different than straight men, and one whole chapter is devoted to gay men being far less violent than straight men. http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Beneath-Skin-Unseen-Hearts/dp/031232040X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240544485&sr=8-1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home