Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Values Voters

If I have to hear the term "values voters" one more time I'm going to...

Seriously, what does that even mean? It implies that only people voting against gay marriage and for pro-life stances have values.

Guess what, I have values and morals and all that great stuff. Not using gays as a ploy in an election campaign is a positive value to me. On the flip side, using gays as a ploy doesn't register with me as a moral thing to do. Call me crazy I guess.

3 Comments:

At 30/1/08 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I find more disturbing is that there often seems to be an underlying suggestion that being against these things are actually the only values that matter. I've questioned the moral integrity of more than one "values voter" in other areas of their lives.

 
At 31/1/08 3:58 PM, Blogger grace said...

I hate that term as well. Maybe I'll write about it. thanks for the inspiration.

 
At 1/2/08 8:27 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Good point for sure, Seithman!

Grace, happy to help ;-) Looking forward to hearing what you have to say on the issue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home