Thursday, June 07, 2007

An Argument in Favor of Homosexuality

Although it was posted about a month ago, I just came across a post from David over at Resolving Realities.

In his blogger profile, David describes himself as "a twenty year old college student who was raised in the evangelical church and came to an intellectual understanding and heartfelt faith in Christ sometime in the haze of middle school and high school." He says he "also realized about the same time that [he] was same-sex attracted, and [is] only now coming to deal with both realities. "

Not only has David just recently begun to deal with reconciling his faith with his sexuality, but he's also recently become fully Side A (basically meaning gay sexual relationships are ok) in his beliefs regarding homosexuality.

So, David's right in the middle of all of this now. I remember endlessly going through these same issues in my head, on paper, in writing, and with friends a few years ago. I think writing this kind of stuff out is an important part of the process for lots of people dealing with being both Christian and gay.

Anyway, take a look--David goes into some very good depth on these issues and even goes as far as to say that he knows there's a right answer out there. That's a claim I only recently have been able to make myself.

3 Comments:

At 8/6/07 7:32 AM, Blogger grace said...

I'm glad you found this! It's great....but....how unfair is it that a 20 yr.old gets to be so wise and deep?????

 
At 8/6/07 7:34 AM, Blogger grace said...

OH...can't believe I forgot to mention this as well...I was able to meet and spend some time with David before he left for Seattle. He's as wonderful in person as he is in writing.

 
At 21/6/07 2:33 PM, Blogger Brady said...

Grace- how late am I responding to this? Wow.

I'm glad I found this too. How fun that you got to meet David! Yeah, pretty deep thoughts so clearly written in that post--he's definitely someone any debate needs on its side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home