Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My Friend is a Finalist!

I posted sometime last month about my friend Jennifer that has been going through a courageous battle with jaw cancer all while continuing to work full-time as a travel agent selling cruises and planning vacations for her clients.

I made the post to say that my friend's employer had nominated her for a contest held by Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines where the winner will be named the Godmother of one of their newest ships, The Liberty of the Seas (not only is it really cool to be the Godmother of a cruise ship, it also means free cruises for life!). Lots of her friends and family (and hopefully some of you guys ;-) nominated Jennifer for the contest, and I am happy to say that she is now an official finalst!

Royal Caribbean has named Jennifer as one of the top 100 finalists in the contest, and she'll be flying to Miami next month to move on to the next round! How exciting is that?!?

They'll be cutting the finalists to 10 on February 12th and down to 3 on March 1st. From their the public gets to vote for the winner. Don't worry, I'll keep you guys updated if she makes it that far. But right now, I am beyond pumped that she even made the finals. Way to go, Jennifer!

2 Comments:

At 25/1/07 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is cool my boss made the top 100 also, her name is Donna Wickerham. We nominated her

 
At 25/1/07 9:46 PM, Blogger Brady said...

Thanks for commenting anonymous. Good luck to your boss too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home