Sexual Sin--It's not Just for Gays AnymoreA new study just came out that says that 95% of Americans have had premarital sex. I had no idea. Let's just say I was blown away.
This leads me to two questions. The first one relates to the gay issue--If nearly everyone in this country is committing sexual sins, why is there so much of a focus on gays and their sexual sins? The study makes the "plank in your own eye" theory look even more true. It's just too easy to look at what other people are doing and condemn or question them than it is to look at ourselves. I wonder if a study like this will help people realize that.
The second question is about the Bush Administration's focus on abstinence-only sex education. If 95% of the country is having sex before marriage, I'm thinking we should teach abstinence-only and safe sex lessons side by side. It just doesn't make sense to cater to 5% of the population and let the other 95% learn it on their own.